Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Canadian Scrapbooker May Sketch


ETA: I forgot that I also wanted to add this layout to the National Scrapbooking Day challenge, "Scrapbooking Rocks Challenge in the Moxie Fab World."



I printed the May sketch from Canadian Scrapbooker last week, and have looked at it a few times trying to think of a way to make it's "messy" look work for me. It was tough, and I may have strayed a bit far from the sketch, but I think you still get the same feel.

The sketch:

05_MAY2014SKETCH.jpg

My layout:


As you can see, I switched the patches underneath for photos. You can also see that I straightened the photos on the bottom layer and let the top photo fall askew. I tried my hardest to make it work the other way, but it just wasn't happening for me. I also added a skewed paper underneath the photos to add a bit more of that same feeling from the sketch.

If you want to play along, you can see the sketch here and also find the previous sketches!

The papers are all Amy Tan 'Plus One' and the alphas are from Doodlebug :)






3 comments:

  1. I love what you did with the sketch and I can TOTALLY see it in your layout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool page, Nina! And what a cutie pie!

    Teri

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your take on the sketch!! Sweet photos, too!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Just be kind please :)